Monday, August 2, 2010

The Transition of Matterhorn

Before presenting the Perilly's side-opening packs, the following marks the end of a very old menthol brand, probably the only brand that sell alongside the strong SALEM menthol - the Matterhorn. It has been called the old man's cigarette. But it has it's ending, finally beaten out of the market by SALEM!

However, Pall Mall has taken the liberty of taking over the company and "converting" it into a new breed of Pall Mall - menthol flavor. Originally of course Pall Mall already has it's own menthol. But why it is doing this the reasons I have not known.

In the recent years there have been some take overs as well. Cigarette brands do tumble! I still remember in the early 80's, I used to smoke Rothmans of Pall Mall, the 100's king size. That was their trade mark of King Size cigarettes - the one and only perhaps! And almost every smoker knows! But today, Rothmans is Rothmans and Pall Mall is what it is now!

The following box shows the new transition of Matterhorn
with it's name shedding off into Pall Mall menthol.
The content of the special box that marks the new Pall Mall menthol
The complete view of the convertion of Matterhorn into Pall Mall
Well, I am glad I'm one of the proud owner of this special release during it's take over. But sad to say I have the only holding box of Matterhorn on my collection! I should have more than one, normally prefered!

No comments:

Post a Comment